Cauliflower and leek soup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 leek, rinsed and sliced finely
- 6 cups water
- 6 tsp chicken flavoured stock powder
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
In a saucepan fry the leek gently in the butter for 4 minutes with a lid on. Stir frequently.
Add the water, cauliflower, potatoes and stock powder.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes until all vegetables are soft.
Liquify with a stick mixer or blender. If the soup is too thick add a little water to thin it out.
Related soup recipes
- Chicken matzo ball soup
- Chicken noodle soup
- Creamy mushroom soup
- Ninja turtle soup (potato and broccoli)
- Potato bacon and leek soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Barley and vegetable soup
- This a great winter soup to fill you up and packed full of vitamins.
- It will take you less than 20 mins to make and freezes well.
- I used chicken flavoured stock powder in the recipe to make it vegetarian but you can replace it with shop bought or homemade stock for extra flavour.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.