- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 20ml (1 tbsp) golden syrup
- 60g (1/4 cup) butter
- 115g dark chocolate
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (160g) caster sugar
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plain flour
Step 1. Preheat oven to 180°C conventional (160°C fan-forced). Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside. In a bowl, combine the oats, coconut, plain flour, bicarbonate soda, butter and golden syrup.
Step 2. Press mixture into the tin and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove and leave to cool in the pan.
Step 3. Reduce the oven temperature to 160°C conventional (140° C fan-forced). In a pan, melt the butter and chocolate together over a low heat. Remove from heat to and leave to cool. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla and then whisk in the chocolate mixture. Fold in flour with a spatula. Pour brownie mixture over Anzac biscuit layer. Return to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to cool entirely before slicing.
Find related Anzac recipes
- Anzac biscuits
- Anzac biscuits with coconut
- Anzac muffin
- Anzac slice
- Baked nectarine with crunchy bits
- Macadamia Anzac biscuits
- Instead of using a pan, you could melt the butter in a cup in the microwave for 1 minute on high, sit the chocolate in it for a minute and then stir.
- The brownie is done when it has a shiny cracked appearance on top.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.