Asian noodle omelette
- ½ tsp peanut oil
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 dried shitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water until soft, sliced
- 2 baby corn, finely sliced
- ¼ cup red capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 egg + 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- ½ cup cooked rice vermicelli
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
Heat small frying pan to medium, add peanut oil and add spring onion, shitake mushrooms, baby corn and capsicum. Stir fry until softened and add oyster sauce.
Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
Wipe pan clean with a paper towel and return to the heat.
Add sesame oil and beaten egg. Swirl around to ensure even covering on the pan. Add noodles. Once the egg is starting to firm, add vegetables to one half of the omelette.
Flip over the other side of the omelette to encase the vegetables. Serve sprinkled with coriander.
Recipe written by Jay Rogers from The Moodie Foodie.