- 1 cos lettuce, divided and washed
- 1 french stick, sliced
- 6 bacon rashers
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- Canola oil sray
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 180å¡C. Place the french stick slices on a tray and spray with canola oil. Bake for 10 minutes until golden and crisp.
In a frying pan, cook the bacon on high until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and slice.
Chop the lettuce and set aside.
In a food processor, whizz all of the dressing ingredients except for the oil. With the motor running, add the oil in a thin stream. Stop halfway and scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue until all of the oil is used.
Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce and toss to coat.
Toss in bacon, shaved parmesan and croutons.
- This recipe makes a lot of dressing. It is great to use like a regular mayonnaise and it is packed full of flavour.
- If you are taking this salad to a party keep all of the ingredients separate and toss it when you get there.
- The dressing is so easy you will never ever buy caesar dressing in a bottle again.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.