- 4 soft torpedo rolls
- 2 cups BBQ chicken, shredded
- 4 rashers bacon, cooked until crisp
- 2 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 handfuls cos or iceberg lettuce, washed and dried
- 4 tablespoons good quality egg mayonnaise
Cut along each roll twice.
For each roll, spread one pocket with mayonnaise and top with some chicken.
Fill the remaining pocket with bacon, tomato and lettuce.
- Even before changing to a gluten free diet, I struggled with baguettes. Yes, they have a lovely dense texture and are wonderfully crusty, but I always ended up with a lacerated mouth. My kids also have an aversion to foodie-preferred crusty bread, so these are a baguette-style rolls with supermarket-special soft torpedo rolls.
- Great for picnics: make in advance and keep cool or resealable bag everything and assemble at your destination.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.