Chicken with pesto potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1kg baby new potatoes (I used Nicola)
- half a cup homemade pesto good-quality bought pesto
Wash or peel potatoes, place in a saucepan, cover with water and boil until tender. Drain potatoes, reserve two tablespoons of pesto and stir the remainder through the potatoes. Cover while you cook the chicken.
Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over medium-to-high heat. Pan fry chicken breasts until golden and cooked through (about 5 minutes each side). Set aside for 5 minutes.
Slice chicken breasts, serve topped with some reserved pesto, the pesto potatoes and a salad.
- A very easy meal if you are using leftover roast chicken or a hastily, guiltily, bought BBQ chicken.
- If the kids wont eat potatoes with green bits, stir some butter or margarine through their serves and keep all that beautiful pesto for your own potatoes.