Cucumber and smoked salmon roll-ups
Serves 4, Makes 12
- 1/2 tub (125g) extra light cream cheese
- 1 small spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp freshly chopped dill
- 1 large telegraph cucumber
- 100g smoked salmon, sliced
Mix cream cheese, spring onions and dill together and set aside.
Using a sharp vegetable peeler or mandolin, slice the cucumbers thinly lengthways to make long strips.
Lay out 1 cucumber slice, top with salmon slices and spread about 1 heaped teaspoon of cream cheese mixture over it (finishing about a centimetre before the end).
Roll up placing the seam (end) side down or secure with a toothpick.
Place rollups in the fridge until ready to eat. Best made just before serving.
Find more fish recipes
- Beer batter fish
- Easy crumbed fish
- Exotic fish finger rolls
- Fish and chips
- Fish cakes
- Fish cakes with sweet chilli mayo
- Fish in foil
- Healthy fish and chips
- Healthy fish fingers
- Lemony fish bites
- Seafood risotto
- Thai fish cakes
- These lovely rollups are best made close the time of serving as the cucumber is quite moist and will go a little watery if left for too long. A solution to this if you need a little time up your sleeve is to only use the seedless slices (in which case you may need a couple of cucumbers) and to pat the cucumber dry with kitchen paper towel before rolling.
- You can also use smoked trout instead of smoked salmon.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.