Fresh prawns with two dips
- 1kg fresh cooked prawns
- 1 cup good quality egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lime
- Lemon and lime wedges, to serve
To make the sweet chilli dip, mix half the mayo with the sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl. For the zesty dip, finely chop the zest of the lemon and lime and mix with the remaining mayo. Arrange prawns on a large serving platter, place dips in amongst the prawns and garnish with lemon and lime wedges. Serve with a large empty bowl for the discarded bits and some fingerbowls of water (or a large packet of wipes!).
- Prawns are a luxury, so maybe reserve this for a special occasion summer dish. Alternatively, reduce the prawns to 500g and serve as an entre.
- My kids looked on in horror as we peeled the prawns at the table; make this a more kid-friendly dish by peeling the prawns first (don’t we all appreciate having that done for us).
- This is a great recipe for entertaining, everything can be piled on a platter a few hours before your guests arrive and then all you have to do is peel off the cling wrap!
- Thai chicken rice paper rolls
- Salmon corn and rice cakes
- Chicken dumpling soup
- Chilli, lime and coriander prawns