Maple bacon popcorn
- 2 rashers of middle bacon, diced
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
Cook bacon in a non-stick frypan until crispy and golden. Remove from pan and drain on kitchen paper.
Heat coconut oil in a large lidded saucepan over a medium heat. Add corn and place the lid on. Shake the pan intermittently until the corn starts popping. When it has stopped popping, remove from heat. Add maple syrup and crispy bacon and stir to combine.
Pour into a large bowl and enjoy while still warm.
Find related popcorn recipes
- Honey popcorn
- Mars Bar popcorn
- Nacho popcorn
- Olympic flame popcorn cups
- Popcorn chicken
- Quinoa popcorn chicken
- You can use olive oil or vegetable oil instead of coconut oil, if you prefer.
- Alternatively, pop a packet of popcorn in the microwave and then transfer to a bowl before stirring through the bacon and maple syrup.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.