Microwave lemon curd
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175g) caster sugar
- rind of one lemon
- 3/4 cup (180ml) lemon juice
- 125g butter, chopped into cubes
Step 1. In a glass bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and rind.
Step 2. Gradually whisk in the lemon juice a little at a time until completely combined.
Step 3. Add butter to the bowl.
Step 4. Microwave on a high setting for 6 minutes, stopping each minute to whisk. The curd will be done when it coats the back of a spoon.
Find related microwave recipes
- Some cooks prefer to use unsalted butter in lemon curd but use salted butter because I think a touch of salt balances the flavours and stops it being too sweet.
- You can use a combination of lemon and lime in this recipe for a tart flavour.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.