Ninja turtle soup (potato and broccoli)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 rashes bacon, chopped
- 600 g broccoli (florets and parts of stalks), chopped
- 5 medium sized potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 L chicken stock (gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large saucepan or stock pot over medium heat. Sweat onion and bacon until onion is transparent.
Add broccoli, potato, stock and nutmeg, bring to the boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until vegetables are soft.
Puree with a stab mixer or in a blender and add further salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with crusty bread.
- This recipe is from my sister-in-law, who sold it to her kids as potato soup with green food colouring, aka Ninja Turtle soup. Her kids loved it; mine were not so easily convinced! Good luck.
- The soup is very tasty and relatively low fat åÐ thick and creamy without the cream.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.