Oaty banana clusters
- 3 banana (small, over-ripe)
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbs dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
Heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and line an oven tray with baking paper.
Mix all ingredients together and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
Drop tablespoons of mixture onto lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch.
Remove from oven and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container. The clusters will keep for three days in the pantry but even longer in the fridge (although they taste better warm or at room temperature).
Find more healthier sweet treats
- Chia seed muesli bars
- Cornflake, sultana and cranberry biscuits
- Oaty crisp biscuits
- Pumpkin and oat cookies
- Squashed fly biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Banana biscuits
- Healthy chocolate crackles
- You can omit the brown sugar if you like as the bananas are quite sweet, but I like the hint of caramel it gives.
- Traditional oats (as opposed to quick oats) give the best result, although you can use quick if they’re all you’ve got and need something quick and healthy for the kids.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand