- 1 red capsicum, roughly sliced
- 1 eggplant, roughly diced
- 2 zucchinis, roughly diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 x tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 x tin (400g) chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Combine all ingredients except for the olive oil in a large bowl, mixing really well.
Tip this into a baking dish, drizzle with the olive oil and season to taste.
Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, tossing everything around a little half way through. Serve with Turkish bread.
Find more vegetarian recipes:
- Baked ricotta
- Bubble and squeak
- Easy salsa
- Eggplant parmigana
- Goat’s cheese and herbed polenta salad
- Hash browns
- Spicy pumpkin hummus with pita bread
- This ratatouille is the perfect dish for vegetarian friends.
- I like to add whatever vegetables I have in the fridge if I don’t have these exact ingredients.
- Make sure you use the very best olive oil you have for this recipe because it really makes a difference. And don’t skip the seasoning – it’s essential.
- This recipe was created by Pip Lincolne for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.