Tuna and egg salad (lazy nicoise)
- 400g can tuna in oil, drained
- 4 hardboiled eggs, peeled
- 4 handfuls baby spinach
- half a cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Arrange spinach leaves on a serving platter. Flake the tuna onto the greens. Cut each boiled egg into halves or quarters and place around the tuna. Combine mayo and sweet chilli sauce (if using) and dollop around the salad.
Place lemon wedges on the sides of the platter. Serve in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves.
- Again (sigh), my children would not contemplate this much greenery, so allowing them to choose the bits they like off the platter reduces the meal time stress a little bit.
- If you would like a lighter dressing, use the Lemon dressing in the BBQ chicken salad recipe.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.