Zucchini and potato fritters
- 2 medium potatoes (I used washed potatoes and left the skin on)
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- half a cup corn kernels, fresh or tinned
- 1 cup tightly packed zucchini, grated
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsn olive oil
Grate potatoes then squeeze out excess starch with your hands over the sink.
Add to large mixing bowl followed by remaining ingredients except the oil, adding milk slowly- stir to combine then rest covered for 30 minutes.
Heat a large frying pan to medium-hot, add the olive oil and place spoonfuls of the mixture in. Cook until golden brown on each side.
- If you plan on eating the fritters all in one go, turn the oven on to low heat and place the cooked ones on a tray and place in the oven to keep warm.
- The paprika is optional but if you are interested in introducing spices to your kids, adding a mild spice at an early age makes it easier to introduce stronger flavours as they get older.
- These also freeze really well, just wrap individually in cling wrap. When you are ready to eat them, preheat oven to 190C, place on a tray and heat for approx 10 minutes from frozen.
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand