There are some bananas going black in your fruit bowl. Yesss! It’s banana baking time! Try these banana cake or banana bread recipes to create yummy treats for afternoon tea, weekend lunches or to fill the school lunch boxes.
Nothing but ‘nana
No fancy additions. Why mess with perfection?
1. Banana cake
Here it is, pure and unadulterated, good old-fashioned banana cake, the perfect way to use up those over-ripe bananas and quieten those incessant, “I’m hungry, Mum” whines.
- See here for the Banana cake recipe.
2. Banana bread
Moist and delicious banana bread is easy to make with this mum-tested recipe. It can easily be toasted to serve with butter or transformed into a gluten-free recipe by substituting the flour and baking powder for a gluten-free variety.
- See here for the Banana bread recipe.
3. Easy banana cake
If baking doesn’t come naturally to you, try this easy-peasy, very-hard-to-stuff-up recipe, which still happens to taste mighty fine.
- See here for the Easy banana cake recipe.
4. Low-sugar banana bread
The only thing better than banana bread is banana bread that’s low sugar but tastes just as good as the naughtier version.
- See here for the Low-sugar banana bread recipe.
5. Maresy’s amazing banana cake recipe
I know not who Maresy is. But hot dang, her banana cake is amazing. If she does say so herself.
- See here for Maresy’s amazing banana cake recipe.
6. Exquisite banana cake
Why just have banana bread when you could be having exquisite banana cake? Am I right or am I right?
- See here for the Exquisite banana cake recipe.
Iced banana bread
These banana cake ideas look like proper fancy-schmany cakes AND are iced. And by that we mean both literally and in the hip-hop-ghetto-slang-sense. As in they’re really cool, yo.
7. Banana cake with lemon icing
The zesty icing marries beautifully with the dense and moist banana cake.
- See here for the Banana cake with lemon icing recipe.
8. Banana cake with butter frosting
Delicious on its own, this banana cake is elevated to sublime with the addition of a rich, buttery frosting.
- See here for the Banana cake with butter frosting recipe.
9. Banana cake with passionfruit cream
This isn’t just your standard, cut-off-a-slice-for-afternoon-tea slab of banana cake. This is a serve-at-the-dinner-table-with-a-great-flourish, ‘oohs and ahhsy’ type of affair. Just so you know.
- See here for the Banana cake with passionfruit cream recipe.
Chocolate and caramel banana bread and cake
I know, I know. As if banana bread and cake wasn’t yummy enough, we had to go and make it yummier by adding in these guys. I don’t know how we can live with ourselves …
10. Chocolate flecked banana cake
A hint of chocolate adds a delicate smattering of decadence to this yummy cakey concoction – even non-banana lovers will enjoy this.
- See here for the Chocolate flecked banana cake recipe.
11. Chocolate banana bread
Infused with chocolate, double the decadence by serving it drizzled with a gooey chocolate ganache. We won’t tell anyone …
- See here for the Chocolate banana bread recipe.
12. Nutella and banana bread
Delicious and super easy. Fantastic eaten hot with butter!
- See here for the Nutella and banana bread recipe.
Bedazzled banana cake and bread
Banana cake and bread made extra magnificent with a few stellar additions.
13. Banana maple cake
Standard banana cake gets a delicious lift with the addition of maple syrup. Seriously yum.
- See here for the Banana maple cake recipe.
14. Hazelnut buttermilk and banana bread
Nutty, moist and delicious. One seriously clever banana cake.
- See here for the Hazelnut buttermilk and banana bread recipe.
15. Banana and passionfruit bread with ricotta
Your eyes will actually roll back into your head after tasting this. It’s that good.
- See here for the Banana and passionfruit bread with ricotta recipe.