Easter can be a tricky time if you’re the parent of a child with food allergies, and a sad and confusing time if you’re the child with the allergies! But there’s no reason why your kids need to miss out on the scrumptious fun.
Nut-free, egg-free, dairy-free and gluten-free, we’ve got all the major allergies and intolerances covered with this list of lip-smacking Easter treats.
1. Iced bunny biscuits
Get creative with these sweet bunny bickies that the kids can easily help you prepare. Simple to make and simply delish to eat.
- See here for the Iced bunny biscuits recipe.
2. Jelly bean Easter bark
Two ingredients is all that stands between you and this pretty Easter bark, dotted with colourful bits of yum.
- See here for the Jelly bean Easter bark recipe.
3. Portuguese custard tarts
So much better than the shop-bought variety, these little gems will add something special to your Easter table.
- See here for the Portuguese custard tarts recipe.
4. Greek Easter biscuits
Get traditional with a batch of these plain, but totally satisfying biscuits. It’s not all about chocolate you know!
- See here for the Greek Easter biscuits recipe.
5. Chocolate rabbits
It’s time to up the ante! Make your own chocolate bunnies and your kids will think you’re an absolute hero.
- See here for the Chocolate rabbits recipe.
6. Marshmallow and passionfruit dip
Here’s a novel way to get your kids munching on fruit, between bites of chocolate. This velvety dip will have everyone licking their lips.
- See here for the Marshmallow and passionfruit dip recipe.
7. Glazed hot cross buns
Easter is not Easter without warm and fluffy hot cross buns! Finished off with a shiny glaze, these little beauties are just picture perfect.
- See here for the Glazed hot cross buns recipe.
8. Easter bunny tails
Looking for an edible Easter gift that’s not chocolate? A jar of these cuter-than-cute bunny tails will do the trick.
- See here for the Easter bunny tail recipe.
9. Banana pancakes with caramel sauce
Make your Easter weekend one to remember. Serve up a brekkie like this on Easter Sunday and no one will ever forget it!
- See here for the Banana pancakes with caramel sauce recipe.
10. Easy honey joys
Planning an Easter party? These crunchy bites are always a popular option with a crowd of excited kids.
- See here for the Easy honey joys recipe.
11. Luscious lemon tarts
The zesty sourness of this amazing lemon tart will be a welcome distraction from all those sickly sweet Easter eggs. Yum!
- See here for the Luscious lemon tarts recipe.
12. Fluffy marshmallow cones
Not only are these special treats egg-free, but they are gluten-free and nut-free too! It’s the ideal party food solution for kids with multiple allergies.
- See here for the Fluffy marshmallow cones recipe.
13. 3-ingredient pineapple cake
This tasty Easter bake is best served with a smearing of coconut cream icing. Easter tea time? Yes please.
- See here for the 3-ingredient pineapple cake recipe.
14. Easter carrot snack bags
Clever, fast and NOT laden with sugar. This is one Easter treat all mums (and kids!) are going to love.
- See here for the Easter carrot snack bags recipe.
15. Crowd-pleasing chocolate cupcakes
Every celebration needs a good batch of chocolate cupcakes. And this allergy-friendly recipe will not disappoint.
- See here for the Crowd-pleasing chocolate cupcakes recipe.
16. Honey orange layer cake
You won’t believe how moist and fragrant this orange cake is. Guaranteed to make your Easter eggs-tra spectacular!
- See here for the Honey orange layer cake recipe.
17. 2-ingredient Nutella cake
Prepare to be wowed by this awesome cake that requires only two ingredients. You won’t believe your tastebuds once you take a bite!
- See here for the 2-ingredient Nutella cake recipe.
18. Mandarin cake
This flourless citrus cake will have everybody lining up for a second piece, so be prepared this Easter and make TWO.
- See here the Mandarin cake recipe.
You’ve got the option of making sweet or savoury scones from this versatile recipe. Either way, you’re in for a something special.
- See here for the Scones recipe.
20. Mini somerset apple cakes
Made from crisp Granny Smith apples, you’ll be surprised at how healthy these fruity little bites actually are.
- See here for the Mini somerset apple cakes recipe.
Dress these little discs with your favourite spread, or eat them just as they are. Light, fluffy and totally irresistible.
- See here for the Pikelets recipe.