BBQ chicken salad for the exhausted shopper
- 3 cups hastily chopped hot BBQ chicken meat
- 4 handfuls baby spinach or rocket leaves
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and sliced (optional)
Throw chicken in a large bowl, add salad leaves and parmesan. Whisk lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and pour on chicken mixture. Use your clean hands to mix all ingredients together and then heap onto plates.
Garnish hastily with something from the deli (I had those wonderful feta-stuffed peppadews) and slices of avocado.
- You know the nights you have survived fighting children whilst doing the groceries you have a pantry and fridge full of supplies but are just too exhausted to cook anything. This is my fall back recipe!
- My kids would not even consider eating this much greenery, so I give them some chicken and some lovingly, quickly, steamed frozen vegies.
- Avocado is optional in our house because my dearly beloved gets indigestion just looking at it. All the more for me!