Cornflake chicken sliders
Chicken Cornflake Sliders
- 2 200g Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups Corn Flakes ground
- Olive Oil spray
- 1 Zucchini shredded
- 3 tbsp Whole-Egg Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 12 Dinner Rolls
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes garnish
- Preheat your oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Slice each chicken breast into 6 equal sized pieces, giving you a total of 12. Gently tap them flat with the side of a knife or rolling pin.
- Rub the cornflour and a little salt into the chicken pieces. Add the buttermilk and coat the chicken evenly.
- Dust each piece of chicken in the ground corn flakes and arrange on a lined baking tray. Spray each gently with the olive oil and bake for 12 minutes.
- While you’re waiting, combine the shredded zucchini with 1 tbs of mayo to make the slaw. For the burger sauce combine the remaining mayo with the peanut butter and tomato sauce.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Arrange the sliders with sauce first, then chicken then a small pile of slaw. Slide a skewer through a cherry tomato and then through the top of the burger to keep everything in place.
- The best kids jobs here are mixing the sauce and the slaw, coating the chicken with cornflake crumbs and assembling the burgers.
- You can also use the chicken as a meal on its own with some salad, like a healthy chicken nugget.
- This recipe was created by Adam Clements for Kidspot.
Find more recipes for homemade party food
- Little meat pies
- Mini cheese and bacon quiches
- Chicken sticks
- Chicken party pies
- Homemade chicken nuggets
- Cornflake chicken sliders