Egg-free yoghurt cupcakes
- 2/3 cup vanilla yoghurt
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups caster sugar
- 100ml rice bran or canola oil
Preheat oven to 180C.
Fill cupcake or muffin tin with 12 cupcake papers/casings.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl or stand mixer.
Beat on low speed, graduating to medium speed until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
Spoon the mixture into papers/casings 3/4 full (this allows room for the cupcakes to rise).
Place tin in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
Serve warm or cold!
- You can freeze these cupcakes un-iced in ziplock bags for school lunches or snacks. They will keep in freezer for one month.
- You may wish to add 1 tblsp lemon, lime or orange zest to vary and enhance the flavour.
- This recipe can also be used to make a loaf cake, adjust baking temperature to 160C and cooking time to 40 minutes.
- Ice if you wish or dust with icing sugar.
- Icing as pictured is 1 tblsp yoghut mixed with 1 1/2 cups icing sugar and whipped until fluffy. The flower detail is coloured marzipan cut with ‘funky flower’ icing cutters by Wilton.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand best recipe finder.