- 3 slices bread
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk until well combined. Preheat a non-stick frypan to medium-high heat.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg wash until coated on both sides and put straight into frypan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden and separates easily from frypan.
- If the bread is sticking to the pan, cook a bit longer.
- Serve plain, buttered, with your kids’ favourite spread or cheese.
- As I mentioned in my Christmas recipes, French toast is one way to get eggs into fussy eaters.
- To maximise egg intake, reduce the milk to a teaspoon or two; there may only be enough egg wash to coat two slices of bread.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.