Lamb and feta wraps with tzatziki
For the yoghurt dip (tzatziki):
- 1 1/2 cups natural yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, medium. Seeds sliced out and then finely diced
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, finely chopped
For the lamb mince patties:
- 500g lamb mince
- 100g Danish-style feta
- 1 egg
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
You will also need:
- 1 x packet of 8 Lebanese bread wraps
Start by making the tzatziki. Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Then taste and add more lemon juice or salt as you see fit.
Cover and keep in the fridge to let flavours infuse, until you are ready to eat.
To make the patties, mix all ingredients together really well in a large bowl. Don't be afraid to get your hands in and squeeze everything together!
Divide mince mixture into half, then half again and so on until you have 8 portions – if they’re all evenly sized they’ll cook at an even time.
Roll each portion between your hands into logs, then pat flat into slim rectangular shaped patties.
Bring a dash of olive oil to a moderately high heat in a medium frying pan, sear one side of the patties, then the other, so that they get a nice even brown and crunchy coating. Searing should take 1-2 minutes on each side, or until the meat looks dark brown.
Turn heat down to low and cook on one side for about 5 minutes and then the other side for 3 minutes, or until no longer pink on the inside.
Place into the centre of a Lebanese bread, generously dollop over tzatziki, then roll the bread up and serve.
- This is lovely served with leafy greens, more fresh sliced cucumber, sliced tomato, thinly sliced red onion or some snow pea sprouts.
- Serve the leftovers for lunch the next day, with some brown rice or a small tin of chickpeas and extra crumbled feta. Or maybe as a hamburger rather than a wrap with caramelised onion and a mixed lettuce and mint salad.
- If you love Mediterranean food, you can't go past this Slow cooker Greek lamb dish. It's so tender it simply melts in your mouth.
- These irresistible Lamb meatballs will be gobbled up with gusto by every member of your family, guaranteeed!
- Need to feed a crowd? Try these yummy Mini lamb burgers for your next kids' or grown up's party.
- This Family-friendly rack of lamb will ensure that everyone leaves the table feeling fully satisfied.
- For perfect comfort food, you cannot go past an Easy shepherd's pie made wiith succulent lamb mince.
- There's no reason to waste good food! Turn last night's dinner into a delish lunch with these Leftover roast lamb flatbreads.
- On a chilly night nothing beats a bowl of Lamb and lentil soup served with a warm crusty roll.
- Got a family celebration coming up? Serve up something really special with this Roast lamb with pomegranate glaze.
- For a quick but tasty mid-week meal, give this Lamb steaks with minty sugar snap pea salad a go – your taste buds will thank you for it!
- Looking for a great Aussie meal? Why not try making your own Homemade chiko rolls. You just won't believe how good they are.
- This recipe was created by Katie Rainbird for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Katie at Katie180.