These quick pork fajitas are fast, simple and tasty and you can have them on your table in less than 20 minutes.
Quick Pork Fajitas
- 700 grams Pork Tenderloin sliced into strips
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion sliced
- 2 Red Capsicum de-seeded and sliced
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 1-2 Avocados sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup Coriander
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Season pork with cumin, salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan to high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil and cook pork until just done. Cover to keep warm.
- Return the same frying pan to medium heat, add remaining oil and fry onion and capsicum until softened (about 5-7 minutes).
- Warm tortillas in the oven (or microwave for 1 minute on high).
- Place pork into tortillas, add capsicum mixture and top with avocado, coriander and sour cream.
- I was really surprised that cooking the pork in cumin was enough for flavour. But if you want a large boost of Mexican flavour you can add a sleeve of Taco seasoning.
- You can get the kids to assemble their own fajitas.
- These fajitas are perfect picnic food. Just cook and pop into containers for ease.
- If you have pork mince then these Pork and quinoa balls with sweet chilli sauce are great for picnics.
- You can pop these Pork and sage cannonballs onto a party platter for your little pirate.
- If you make this Pork and sage meatloaf with apples you will wish for lftovers so you have slices on sandwiches the next day.
- When you want to keep those flavours Mexican then try these Pork and bean enchiladas.
- You can also have these Pork and chickpea tortilla.
- If you want your pork slow cooked to fill soft rolls then this Healthy pulled pork is delicious with a side of coleslaw.
- You can have this Pork and mango noodle salad for a healthy fresh Summer salad.
- When you are looking for a easy starter these Pork and prawn dumplings recipe can be made ahead of time and steamed just as your guests arrive.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.