- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp extra butter
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 red, 1/2 green and 1/4 yellow capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 100gm pork mince
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 2 wholegrain tortilla wraps
- 2 rounds of mini Babybel cheese
Spread 1/4 tsp butter on one side of a tortilla and set aside. Repeat with second tortilla.
Put frypan onto medium-low heat, add oil and the extra butter.
Once butter has melted, add the onion and capsicum and sautÌ© for about 3 minutes.
Add cumin, nutmeg and pork mince and cook for another 3 minutes until pork is cooked through and all ingredients are well combined.
Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a bowl. Stir through barbecue sauce and set aside.
Wipe the frypan clean with a paper towel and return to stove over medium-low heat.
Place tortilla in pan, buttered side down.
Slice Babybel round into three even slices and place across one half of the tortilla.
Spoon half of the pork mixture on top of the cheese slices.
Gently lift the edge of the tortilla to check colour. When tortilla is golden brown underneath, fold in half over the pork mixture. Press lightly with a spatula to seal.
Remove from heat and cut in half.
Repeat with remaining tortilla and ingredients. Serve warm.
Find more after school snacks
- Buttermilk scones
- Cheese and bacon scones
- Cheesy scones
- Choc chip scones
- Date scones
- Lemonade scones
- Finger buns
- Hot cross buns
- Corn pikelets
- Gluten-free pikelets
- Pikelets with chocolate sauce
- Veggie pikelets
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Full of flavour and tasty Babybel cheese, these yummy quesadillas will fast become a favourite at your dinner table.
- If your family enjoy a bit of heat, you could also add a sprinkle of dried chilli to the mix!
- This recipe was created foråÊKidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.