Spring lamb rack with dukkah yoghurt
- 2 x 8-cutlet racks of lamb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or spray)
- salt and pepper
- 300g thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dukkah, plus extra for garnishing
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Heat oven to 200°C. Trim excess fat from lamb and wrap some aluminium foil around the bones to prevent burning. Coat (or spray) lamb with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking dish and cook for 20 minutes for medium, or to your liking.
Combine the yoghurt, garlic, mint, dukkah and salt in a small bowl.
Serve 3-4 lamb racks per person with dukkah yoghurt and a green salad. Garnish lamb with extra dukkah.
- I like this recipe because if required you can serve the kids’ lamb plain and the adults’ with the yoghurt. Choose a dukkah without chilli so that if the kids are partial to spicy, but not hot, they will love the creamy yoghurt.
- For the kids, I usually serve a single cutlet as Lollypop Lamb. If your kids don’t fancy actually touching the meat/bone, cut up into small pieces. So tender and tasty.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.