These scrumptious pikelets are packed full of healthy vegetables that your kids won’t even notice. Whip them up for afternoon tea or pop into lunch boxes for a tasty and nutritious snack.
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 6 eggs
- 4-5 cups of mix vegetables, finely chopped or grated
- 1/2 – 1 cup grated cheese
- drop of milk
- olive oil
- sour cream, to serve
Mix flour, eggs, veggies and cheese together in a large bowl. Add seasoning, then add enough milk to the mixture until it is slightly runny.
Heat a frying pan with a small amount of olive oil and drop a tablespoon of the mixture into the pan, patting into a neat circle.
Cook on a medium heat until golden on each side.
Serve with sour cream.
- These pikelets are great to make for a relaxed weekend breakfast.
- For an adult version, add one finely sliced and deseeded birdseye chili and a handful of coriander leaves to the batter mix. Top pikelets with natural yoghurt flavoured with a small amount of curry.
- Be sure to use a non-stick pan to stop things getting messy.
- All kinds of veggies will work in this recipe. Try adding finely cut or grated carrot, zucchini, capsicum or corn for a vegetable sensation!