- 1 small chicken thigh
- 1 cup chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup water
- 2 fresh apricots or 3-4 dried apricots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Dice the chicken into smallish pieces. If using fresh apricots, wash and half them and remove stones. Cut into quarters. Dried apricots don’t need any preparation.
Heat oil in a saucepan and add chicken. Cook for a few minutes until sealed and browned.
Add the water, sweet potato and apricots.
Bring to the boil and then simmer on reduced heat for around 15-20 minutes or until apricots and potatoes are soft. There should only be a little bit of water left.
Pour the contents in a blender and puree until smooth.
Find related baby recipes
- Chicken, rice and vegetables
- Baked custard recipe
- Chicken and corn chowder
- Beef and vegetable dinner recipe
- Banana and honey porridge
- Easy beef casserole
- Simple pumpkin soup recipe
- Fruit puree recipe
- Egg and vegetable omelette recipe
- The addition of sweet potato to this classic flavour combo will reduce some of the sweetness of the apricot, and it will allow you to puree the mixture to a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Can be frozen for up to six weeks.
- This recipe was created by Belinda Graham for Kidspot.