Garlic prawn pizza
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 250g green prawns
- 1 pizza base
- 1 1/2 cups chunky pasta sauce
- lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced or 220°C conventional. Spray a pizza tray with canola spray and set aside.
In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic, olive oil and salt flakes until just broken down.
Stir in the parsley and prawns.
Spread pasta sauce over the pizza base. Lay out prawns. Drizzle over any remaining garlic oil. Slide onto a pizza tray.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked.
Serve with lemon wedges.
Related pizza recipes
- Gluten free tomato and salami pizza
- Grilled pizza delight
- Noughts and crosses pizzas
- Party pizza
- Pizza fingers
- Pizza pinwheels
- Roast vegetable pizzas
- Sweet potato pizzas
- Pizza pops
- Turkish bread pizzas
- Ordinary salt is fine for this pizza if you don’t have flakes but it really needs the salt to balance out the garlic flavour.
- Pasta sauce is a wetter option to using traditional pizza sauce. In this pizza it is an ingredient and adds real flavour.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.