Lemon sour cream cake
- 3/4 cup (175g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 300g sour cream
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 13 x 22cm loaf tin.
Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add lemon rind and juice and beat well. Fold through sour cream, flour and baking powder.
Tip batter into prepared tin and distribute evenly. Bake for 45-50 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Combine icing sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Find more sweet lemon recipes:
- Homemade lemon slice
- Lemon and date cake
- Lemon and ginger baked cheesecake
- Lemon and sugar pancakes
- Lemon cheesecake slice
- Lemon yoghurt cake
- You'll need 3-4 lemons to yield this quantity of juice and rind.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature before you begin.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.