Mini salmon & prawn kebabs with capsicum cream dressing
Makes 16 mini salmon & prawn kebabs
- 16 short bamboo skewers
- 2 salmon portions, skin off
- 300g prawns, heads removed
- 1 tbsp lemon oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup dill, chopped
- 2 red capsicum, roasted and peeled
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- ½ bunch chives, finely chopped
- 2 lemons to serve
Preheat barbecue or grill on a medium-high heat.
Soak 16 bamboo skewers in warm water.
Cut salmon portions into 3cm pieces. Thread salmon onto the skewers alternatively with the cleaned prawns.
Combine the oil, garlic and chopped dill in a shallow dish and coat salmon and prawn skewers well.
Place skewers onto the barbecue or grill and cook, turning frequently for 3 minutes each side.
Place the capsicum, mayonnaise and chives into the work bowl of a food processor and process until well combined.
Serve the skewers and the dipping sauce immediately with fresh salad and crusty bread.
- This is a great summertime meal when appetites aren’t as big as when winter hits.
- It’s important to soak the bamboo skewers so they don’t get all burnt!
- Recipe created by Tassal Australia.