Nutella and peanut butter yo-yos
- 1 2/3 cups plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 tbsp Nutella, extra
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare two baking trays and set aside.
In one bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl, beat together the butter, peanut butter, Nutella and vanilla until combined.
Add the sugar to the peanut butter mixture and beat until fluffy.
Add the honey and then the beaten egg until all well combined.
Mix in the dry ingredients until the mixture is a soft dough.
Take a large teaspoon of the dough and gently roll into a ball. Place the balls on the baking tray 5cm apart. Flatten the tops of each ball slightly with the back of a fork.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove and cool on a rack.
When completely cool, smear the underside of one biscuit with a little Nutella and sandwich it together with another biscuit to make a yo-yo.
Related biscuit recipes:
- Anzac biscuits
- Butter biscuits with currents
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Gingernut biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- These little biscuits are completely divine and perfect with a strong cuppa. Your certainly don’t have to sandwich them together if you feel they are enough just eaten one at a time.
- I sandwich the biscuits together as I need them, rather than all at once, as the biscuits can become a bit soggy if stored sandwiched together.
- If you are a HUGE fan of Nutella, you could leave out the peanut butter entirely and add ½ cup of Nutella to the recipe instead!
- This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.