Brought to you by
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 10 min | Cooking time: 10 min
- 350g Barilla Penne Rigate
- 1 jar Barilla Napoletana sauce
- ½ red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh red chilli
- ¾ yellow capsicum, cut 1 cm cube
- 2 small cans of tuna in olive oil
- 1 punnet of ripe truss tomatoes on the vine, quartered
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
In a large fry pan, cook onion and garlic in a little oil.
Once golden, add chilli, capsicum and cook for few minutes.
Add one can of tuna with Barilla Napoletana sauce and bring to a simmer.
Add Barilla Penne Rigate to plenty of salted boiling water (7g to a litre of water) and cook according to the instructions on the box.
Drain the pasta two minutes before the suggested cooking time and toss it together with the sauce and fresh tomatoes.
Add the extra tuna and the chopped basil and serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil.