Snakes In blankets
- 8 sausages
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed
- 8 toothpicks
Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Cook sausages until done, about 10 minutes (always seems so much longer).
Turn a slice of bread so it is in a diamond shape, put the sausage at the base of the diamond and roll up.
Secure with toothpick. Serve with your favourite sauce.
- More of an idea than a recipe! Another of my attempts to get my children to eat something resembling meat.
- I buy some great lamb, honey and rosemary sausages from our butcher – no gristle and slightly sweet – my kids (almost) love them!
- Our sausages were way too big for the bread, so I cut them in half.
- You may need more bread if everyone wants them presented like this.
- If your kids are into gore – try splitting the cooked sausage, stuffing with grated carrot, cheese or diced tomato before you roll up – snake guts!
- For the adults, sauté some onion rings in olive oil and serve with a salad. We had leftover Tomato pie with our sausages.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.