- 200g bulgar wheat
- 1 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 500g ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 large bunch flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 tbspn fresh mint, chopped roughly
- salt and pepper
Pour the bulgar wheat into a mixing bowl and add the water and oil. Mix through and set aside for half an hour so the wheat can begin to absorb the liquid and begin to soften.
Add the chopped tomoatoes. Mix through and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Just before serving, add the chopped parsley and mint and mix through. Taste and season as necessary.
- This salad just gets better and better as it absorbs the different flavours – there are many salads that are better the day after!
- Yes, you can find recipes for tabouleh with all sorts of wild ingredients but sticking with the essentials will give you the real-deal tabouleh
- While my kids are suspicious of this salad on the day it’s amde, they’re quite happy to eat it the day after when the flavours have softened a little.