2 ingredient energy bars
Ingredients for energy bars:
- 3 cups (600g) pitted dates
- 1/3 cup (80ml) boiling water
- 3 cups (420g) oats + extra for coating
- Line a 17 x 27cm slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place dates into food processor and process until it has a jam-like consistency (you may need to add a touch of hot water if it is dry).
- Add oats once cup at a time until it’s all incorporated and the mix starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Press into the tin and freeze for 1-2 hours. Cut into fingers and roll in extra oats to coat. Wrap individual fingers in baking paper and store in an airtight container.
- You can also roll these in sesame seeds if you prefer.
- Some people like to soak their dates overnight but I think you can get the same result by adding some hot water to the mix when processing.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.