Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 cup Tinned Pie Apples chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 cup muffin tray and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt and mix.
- In a jug, combine the egg, milk, vanilla, oil and pie apples.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients using a spatula until all ingredients are just wet.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, fill each muffin cup and smooth the top.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Leave to cool in the tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to further cool.
- I like to make a double batch of these and wrap them indiviually and freeze. You just pop them into the microwave for a minute to defrost.
- When making muffins you should only mix until the ingredients are just wet. Any more mixing gives you a heavy muffin.
- I have used tinned pie apple for convenience but you may also use 1 cup of freshly grated apple.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zeland’s best recipe finder