- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup tinned pie apples, chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 cup muffin tray and set aside.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt and mix.
In a jug, combine the egg, milk, vanilla, oil and pie apples.
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients using a spatula until all ingredients are just wet.
Using a 1/3 cup measure, fill each muffin cup and smooth the top.
Bake for 22-25 minutes. Leave to cool in the tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to further cool.
- I like to make a double batch of these and wrap them indiviually and freeze. You just pop them into the microwave for a minute to defrost.
- When making muffins you should only mix until the ingredients are just wet. Any more mixing gives you a heavy muffin.
- I have used tinned pie apple for convenience but you may also use 1 cup of freshly grated apple.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zeland’s best recipe finder