Chicken and haloumi patties
- 500g chicken mince
- 180g haloumi, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (45g) breadcrumbs
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
In a large bowl, combine mince, haloumi, zucchini, egg and breadcrumbs. Season well with salt and pepper.
Form into small patties. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over gentle heat. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from pan on to a plate lined with absorbent kitchen paper to take off any excess oil.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat’s chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken
- These versatile goodies are delicious warm or cold. They’re also great to eat as reheated leftovers.
- The very best way to combine the ingredients is with your hands – get stuck in!
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.