Feta and spinach muffins
- 150g feta cheese, crumbled
- 250g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1¼ cups milk
- 100g butter, melted
- 3 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking oil spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the feta cheese, spinach and sun-dried tomato.
Sift the self-raising flour over the mixture in the bowl and mix until well combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and butter.
Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a large metal spoon until just combined.
Spoon 1/3 cup measures of the mixture into the muffin holes. Sprinkle over the parmesan cheese to top each muffin.
Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, until cooked through and golden. Leave the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to cool completely on a wire rack.
- The secret to good muffins is to mix only until the ingredients are just combined.
- If you want to season the cheese and spinach mixture, keep in mind that the feta is already very salty.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more muffin recipes:
- Choc chip muffins
- Cinnamon muffins
- Quick muffins
- Potato and bacon muffins
- Wholemeal pear and ginger muffins
- Invisible apple muffins
- Raspberry muffins
- Anzac muffins
- Banana and maple syrup muffins
- Oat, date and honey muffins