Homemade chicken nuggets
- 2-3 chicken breast fillets (about 600g)
- half a cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices day old bread
- 1/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- half a cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
Tear bread into pieces and whiz in a food processor to get fine bread crumbs.
Slice chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Put the flour on a large square of baking paper.
Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Mix breadcrumbs, cornflake crumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Coat the chicken pieces in flour, dust off, dip in egg wash and then coat in crumb mix. You may need to press the crumbs on. Place the coated chicken pieces onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180C and bake the chicken for 10 minutes or until cooked through. To make the dipping sauce, combine mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl.
Serve nuggets with dipping sauce.
- This is a great entree or appetiser and prepare in advance and then just bake before serving. Serve with a potato salad and/or green salad for a main meal.
- I love sweet chilli mayo, but my kids are more than happy to stick with good old tomato sauce.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.