Mediterranean lamb casserole
- 1 tbsp (20ml) olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and sliced
- 500g shoulder of lamb, diced into 4cm pieces
- 2 stalks rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and very finely chopped
- 2 stalks lemon thyme
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives
- 1 tin (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) water
Preheat the oven to 140å¡C conventional (120å¡C fan-forced).
Heat oil in a large pan (with a lid) over a medium-low heat and cook the onion for 5 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
Add the lamb, rosemary, garlic, lemon thyme, capsicum, olives, tomatoes and water and stir well to combine.
Cover with the lid and place in the oven for about 2 hours.
Find related casserole recipes
- Beef casserole
- Beef casserole with a hint of sweet
- Chicken and bacon casserole
- Chicken and pumpkin casserole
- Chilli pork and bean slow cooker casserole
- Easy beef casserole
- Easy chicken casserole
- Favourite lamb casserole
- Italian chicken casserole
- Lamb and bean casserole
- Lamb chop casserole
- Pork casserole with herb dumplings
- Sausage and beef casserole
- Tuna and rice casserole
- Italian beef and potato casserole
- If you donÛªt have rosemary and thyme on hand, you can use Italian herb mix in their place.
- This is delicious served with couscous brown rice.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s beståÊrecipe finder:åÊYou can follow Sophie onåÊLocal is Lovely,åÊFacebook,åÊTwitteråÊoråÊPinterest.