Pan-fried salmon with tangy potato salad
- 800g potatoes (suitable for salads)
- 300g light sour cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, rind and juice
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1/2 spanish onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup peas, blanched
- 2 tsp olive oil, extra
- 4 salmon fillets, approx 500g
Peel potatoes and cut into 2cm chunks. Boil for 12 minutes until tender.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk sour cream, oil, lemon rind and juice, and herbs. Drain potatoes well and add immediately to the dressing. Stir gently to combine and season well. Add onion and peas, and set aside to cool.
Heat extra oil in a large nonstick frypan. Fry salmon, skin-side down, for 3 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Serve salmon with potato salad.
Find related salmon recipes
- Asian salmon salad
- Baked salmon with orange and ginger
- Creamy smoked salmon tagliatelle
- Fish in foil
- Grilled coconut salmon
- Honey soy salmon
- Jewelled salmon
- Potato rosti with smoked salmon
- Salmon and spinach slice
- Salmon macaroni bake
- Salmon, corn and dill risotto
- You could flake the cooked salmon through the salad for a different presentation.
- Any type of waxy potato will do, but kipflers are especially delicious.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.