Brought to you by
Serves 4 People | Prep. 10 min. | Cooking time 25 min.
- 250g Barilla Pappardelle
- 1 jar Barilla Red Wine & Garlic Sauce
- 80ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300g lamb meat (leg or shoulder), cut into 1.5 cm cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 250g pumpkin, skin removed and sliced
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- 120g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
In a large fry pan, gently cook onions and garlic in a little oil.
Once golden, add the herbs and meat. Brown the meat then add Barilla’s Red Wine & Garlic sauce and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste.
Season the pumpkin with salt and olive oil on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and cook in a microwave for 2 minutes. Being careful as you take the plastic off, cut the pumpkin in cubes.
Meanwhile, bring plenty of salted water to the boil, (7g to 1L of water), and when boiling add the Pappardelle and stir.
Drain pasta al dente and toss it together in the sauce for a further 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the cheese, stirring in the pumpkin and a drizzle of olive oil.
Chef Tip: You can change the vegetables, according to the season, using green peas, broccoli etc.