Pork and prawn pops
- 300g green (raw) prawn meat
- 300g pork mince
- 2 golden eschalots, minced
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
Step 1. In a food processor, pulse prawn meat until it forms a paste.
Step 2. Transfer prawn mince to a large bowl with pork, eschalots, rice flour, sugar, baking powder and coriander. Mix well.
Step 3. Using damp hands, form mixture into small balls. Press a skewer into each. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
Step 4. Heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium heat. Cook for two minutes on each side until golden brown and springy to touch. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
- The pork and prawn mixture is quite wet and messy. However, once it cooks, it firms up quickly.
- These are delicious wrapped in rice paper rolls with carrot and cucumber batons and fresh coriander.
- You could also serve these with a nuoc cham dipping sauce.
- These Fried wontons have very similar ingredients so you can double up and make both at the same time.
- If you prefer steamed and not fried dim sum, then try these Dim sims.
- These Pork and prawn spring rolls are wrapped and fried until golden. They are delicious with sweet chilli sauce.
- These Pork and quinoa balls with sweet chilli sauce are a modern twist on the traditional dim sims.
- You can also use wonton wrappers to make these Pork and prawn dumplings.
- These Pork and prawn potsticker dumplings are a quick entree that the whole family will love.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.