Raisin and walnut brown rice salad
- 2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup canned mandarin in syrup, drained
- 80g walnut, lightly toasted, chopped
- 2 individual spring onions, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vinegar, (preferably Sherry vinegar)
- 2 tsp olive oil
Combine the rice, raisins, mandarins, walnuts and spring onions in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
Whisk the vinegar and oil in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the dressing to
rice mixture and toss to combine. Spoon into bowls and serve.
- Buy walnuts still in their shell from your green grocer and crack them yourself for maximum freshness. Otherwise lightly toast already shelled walnuts in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat to freshen them up.
- This salad is easy enough for the kids to help you prepare.
- This salad is an easy side to whip up for a barbeque or picnic. You can keep the dressing separate in a sealed bottle, and then when it comes time to serve shake the bottle vigorously and pour over rice. Easy!
- This recipe was written by Weight Watchers as part of Kidspot.com.au’s Positively Life Changing initiative.