Rice cake owls
- 1 slice meat of your choice (chicken, ham, etc.)
- 1 rice cake
- 1 boiled egg
- 2 sultanas
- 1 slice of cheese
- 2 slices of cucumber
- 1 carrot stick
Lay meat on top of rice cake.
Carefully slice your boiled egg and use the two middle slices as eyes, place sultanas on for eyeballs.
Using a knife cut a small triangle for the beak and fashion feet out of cheese, as shown in picture.
Cut one cucumber slice in half and use as wings, then with another slice make ears.
Once positioned on a plate, place a carrot lengthways underneath the owl to serve as a tree branch.
Find more snack ideas
- Avocado salsa dip with corn chips
- Baguette with chocolate hazelnut spread
- Cake in a mug
- Cereal balls
- Cheesecake in a mug
- Grilled pizza delight
- Cheaty cheese and bacon rolls
- Nutella twists
- Potato chips
- Salami Subs
- Spiced jaffa hot chocolate
- I used sliced chicken for this owl but you can use whatever your kids like.
- You can swap some vegetables in this recipe like zucchini for cucumber. It's really all about the shapes.
- This recipe was created by Karla Gilbert. You can read her blog at Ironmum Karla, catch up with her on Twitter, find her on Facebook or peek at her pins on Pinterest.