- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, finely sliced
- 2-3 brushed potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- half a teaspoon salt
- half a cup cream
- half a cup coarsely grated cheddar
- 3 sheets ready-rolled frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
Preheat oven to 200C. Bring a heavy-based saucepan to a medium heat, add oil. Add the leeks and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
Add potatoes, and salt and cover, allowing to cook for another few minutes. Stir in cream and cover and let cook on low heat until the potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Once cool mix in the cheese. Place a sheet of pastry on a clean bench and cut out 12cm circles. Place a tablespoon of the filling in the center of each pastry round. Fold pastries in half to enclose filling. Use fingertips to gently press together to seal. Use a fork to press the edges closed
Place on the lined tray and lightly brush with some egg.
Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Once completely cooled, wrap in baking paper, and store in the fridge ready for the lunchbox.
- These are nice at room temperature or served warm.
- These are fun to make with your kids, let them experiment with the shape of the pastry- it doesn’t need to be in circles.
- Feel free to add any other veggies to this that you like, such as grated zucchini, or corn etc.