Healthy chocolate crackles
- 200g coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cups of puffed kamut
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tbs cocoa
- 1/4 cup sultanas (optional)
Line a 16cm x 23cm slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
In a saucepan, over low-heat, stir coconut oil and honey until melted.
In a large bowl, combine kamut, coconut, cocoa and sultanas.
Pour over melted coconut oil and honey and mix well.
Press into a lined slice tray or dollop into patty cases. Refrigerate until set.
Find more healthier sweet treats
- Chia seed muesli bars
- Cornflake, sultana and cranberry biscuits
- Oaty crisp biscuits
- Pumpkin and oat cookies
- Squashed fly biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Banana biscuits
- The coconut oil and honey won’t come together completely, they will look a little bit separated, but this is OK.
- I used kamut but you can use any puffed grain or even toasted muesli.
- I used Dutch cocoa, which is darker and richer and has a deeper flavour.
- This recipe was created by Katie Rainbird of Katie180. You can find her on Facebook and Twitter and see her delicious food on Instagram.