- 1 Turkish bread loaf, split lengthways
- 10 slices shortcut bacon
- 2 avocadoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
Preheat the grill. Line a tray with baking paper.
In a frying pan, cook the bacon on both sides until cooked to your liking. Layer on one side of the bread
Layer avocado slices on top of the bacon. Top with shredded cheese
Place on the tray and under the grill until the cheese is melted and golden.
Alternately you can place these in the conventional oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Wrap the other half of the Turkish bread in cling film and use it for toast and jam the next morning.
- I always put the bacon straight from the pan onto the bread so the bacon fat flavours the bread.
- I used Pizza cheese on these. It is a combination of mozzarella and tasty cheese.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.