- 2 eggs
- 750g ricotta, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 10cm x 20cm loaf pan with baking paper.
Place the eggs, ricotta, herbs, salt and pepper (if using) in a food processor and whiz until smooth. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
While the ricotta is cooling, place the tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 5 minutes or until just starting to split.
Turn out ricotta and slice thickly. Serve with tomatoes and drizzle with some olive oil and vinegar.
- Serve as your antipasto centrepiece, with olives, prosciutto, roasted vegetables and toasted crusty bread. Or with fresh figs, dates and almond bread.
- If you have fresh herbs (e.g. parsley, basil, oregano), use 1/4 cup instead of the dried oregano.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.