- 1 small onion
- 600g chicken mince
- half a cup cornflake crumbs (gluten-free)
- half a cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Finely chop the onion I used the bowl attachment of my stab-mixer.
Combine onion, chicken, cornflake crumbs, cheese and egg in a large bowl.
Mix until well combined and roll tablespoons of mixture into small balls.
Place balls on tray and bake for 30 minutes until golden and sizzling.
- These balls are great because they are oven-baked, not fried, can be made in advance and then cooked just before serving.
- Serve with a salad for a main meal or on their own as an appetiser or entrÌ©e.
- If your kids cope with Green Bits, add half a cup of chopped coriander or parsley leaves to the mixture.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.
Serve with sweet chilli sauce (or plain tomato sauce).